Thursday, October 6, 2011

Three people whose life has improved ( a little bit) since they've met me...

               Yesterday, after lunch with my son, I bought a meal to go so that we could eat it for dinner.  As I stepped out of the restaurant, a homeless man approached us and said "anything will help".  Instead of reaching into my wallet for change, I told my son to give him our dinner.  My son "E" hesitated a little bit, but I told him that the old man is hungry and that he needs food.  He then happily handed the homeless man with our dinner.  The old man's eyes lit up.  He was happy, I felt content, and my son couldn't stop talking about it on the way home.  So yeah, that's one life I've touched, and possibly "improved" a little.
                    This morning, I went to Ross to buy some boots for the winter.  A pair of black boots caught my eyes.  As I reached my hand out to grab the boots, a little girl also went for the same pair.  I was taller than she was, so I grabbed them first.  She went running to her mom saying something in Spanish.  She was probably telling on me.  Hahaha...I started to feel a little competitive.  It kinda felt like Black Friday's shopping where everyone's fighting for the same discounted item.  I admit it:  I could care less if that little girl cried 'cause she didn't get her boots.  As I was trying on my boots, she did cry!!!  I thought "$$$%%^$%$ little girl, get over it...look for another pair, they wouldn't fit you anyways.  Spoiled little brat...$%$$%$%".   Yeah..you guessed it, in the end, I put boots back pretending as if I didn't want them so she could get them instead.  Only because she was crying a river.  By giving up the boots for the girl, I think I helped improved the little girl's mom's day because her mom felt relieved when she got the shoes.  You welcome!!
                       I'm not a picky eater.  My husband is a picky eater.  When we first met, he'd rather stay hungry instead of eating anything random.  As for me, if it's edible, I'd eat it and call it a meal.  Whenever we attended a party, if he doesn't like the food, he'd stay hungry.  After living with me for a while, he started to explore different foods and appreciated the different cooking styles.  Now, he's much easier to cater to.  I KNOW his life has improved because of this.  He DOESN'T think that I should take all the credit for it, but he will one day ;)  Thanks to me he doesn't have to stay hungry at parties! ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment