Wednesday, October 5, 2011

Can Money Buy Happiness?

Nope!  That's why my goals and achievements are not tied to the amount of money that I have, or that I desire to have.  Not only that money cannot buy happiness, it can take away someone's happiness and leave that person with nothing, except money, but what is that money worth if it's simply just a whole bunch of bills. 
Yes, there are times when I see celebrities living in their big mansion, wear designer clothes, and living their lavish life because they have a lot of money, but it does not mean that they are happy.   I'd rather live a modest life with a companion who I can share meager and simple meals with, rather than having a lot of money and live in a big mansion all by myself.  I often sorry for materialistic people who mask their loneliness with sparkling jewelry and expensive cars.  As a child growing up, I lived in a thatched house, eat only two times a day with no snacks in between.  I played in the sand, climbed trees, chased the goose, and fish by the river as a way to entertain ourselves because we didn't have any toys.  Looking back, those were the happiest times of my life.  And money didn't even play a part in creating beautiful, happy memories...So again, no, money cannot buy happiness ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment