Wednesday, September 14, 2011
If I have one week to do whatever I want...all expenses paid....
If I have one week to do whatever I want, all expenses paid, I would travel to the secluded countryside of Vietnam. I would fly first-class (of course!). I would take my whole family to Vietnam to visit my grandmother. I would live in a thatched house next to a river with my family. My family and I would enjoy our whole week away from the stress of life in the United States. I would sleep under the stars listening to my grandmother telling stories of her experiences growing up during the Vietnam War. I would wake up to the sounds of the cockerel early in the morning and the sweet scents of wheat germs all around me . I would taste the honey drops of the sweet early morning mist of the country side. I would enjoy breakfast consisted simply of white rice porridge and salted fish with my family. I would listen to the sounds of children laughing by the river as they express their excitements of catching a catfish for lunch. I would ride my bike along the river, let my hair flow through the winds and simply just be a child. I would join others who work in the rice fields and have lunch with them under the shades (no air conditioning needed). I eat sweet and sour soup everyday made by my grandmother.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment